Stop Calling Your Dog a Good Girl | Dog Training Bites

Whether your dog is “good” or “bad” does not matter. What matters is the problem and how it is going to be resolved. Most of the dogs that we see are well behaved 90% of the time. It’s the other 10% that leads them and their owners to us. The 10% are the behaviors that get dogs killed or re-homed. These problem behaviors are not uncommon, and most can be easily stopped through punishment and structure. Don’t let the 90% of the time behavior stop you from getting your dog to the best version possible. Punishment is usually always the missing equation in dog training. The bottom line is, regardless of whichever tool you use, proper training is what will solve the problem. Tools are helpful, but they are not a “fix all” solution.

This clip is from my “What Would Jeff Do? Live Q&A show on YouTube. I answer all of your dog training related questions and more. Definitely bring a sense of humor and find us at the link below!

Jeff Gellman
Solid K9 Training
*********FOLLOW ME**********
• Solid K9 Training
• RV Dog Trainer …
• Facebook
• Twitter @SolidK9Training
• Instagram SolidK9Training
• Patreon …
• Periscope @SolidK9Training

Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to my channel!

Solid K9 Training, founded by award-winning, internationally-acclaimed dog trainer Jeff Gellman, is one of the nations most effective and respected dog training services providing no-nonsense, “Real World” training methods throughout New England. Serving dog owners from Hartford, CT to Boston, MA in our multifaceted, secure and 24/7 staffed Solid K9 Training Center in Providence, RI, as well as all throughout the nation with Jeff's wildly successful RV Dog Trainer Tour. We will train any dog, regardless of breed, shape, size or history. We work to fix all dog behavior issues including excessive barking, growling, snapping, nipping, dog aggression (fighting), human aggression (biting), child aggression, pulling on leash, leash aggression, leash reactivity, skateboard reactivity, resource guarding, jumping on people, fear issues, anxiety issues, separation anxiety, chewing and destroying household items, running away, not listening, door bolting, stealing food, getting into the trash, cat aggression, chasing game, and killing animals/game. We also have a renowned reputation specializing in obedience training, which includes heeling and walking properly on a leash, sit/stay, down/stay, place, recall training (come to owner), and crate training. Our Training services include Board and Train behavioral modification, 1 on 1 Training, Obedience Classes, Puppy Training programs, Boarding / Board & Play, Daycare, and many free dog training resources including Dog training advice videos, dog training webinars, and Dog Training Q and A videos on Youtube Live weekly. Our behavior modification training is cutting edge, using techniques like modern low level E-collar (remote collar) training and food and clicker training. Solid K9 Training has a worldwide reputation of being able to handle the most challenging dog behaviors and often times other dog trainers will refer their more serious cases to us.

Please share